Today in History was the end of World War one 90 years ago. I would publicly like to thank anyone who has ever served in the US armed forces during war time or peace time. You ladies and gentlemen have shown the selflessness of Christ. He too sacrificed for his family. I would also like to say that while fighting is not the best way to get to where you need to be it is necessary when someone threatens your very way of life. Just like Pearl Harbor, flying planes into the World Trade Centers, or any other act by which U.S. soil or our democracy is threatened. I have listed below some facts about WWI. Remember that “knowledge is power”.
• During the summer and fall of 1914, France lost as many men on the battlefield as the U.S. Army would lose in all of the 20th century
• During World War One, 230 soldiers perished for each hour of the four and a quarter years it continued.
• There were 70,000,000 men and women in uniform of that number one-half were either killed, wounded or became prisoners of war.
• The U.S. was in the war in actual combat for only seven and a half months. During this time 116,000 were killed and 204,000 were wounded.
• Russia's losses were never actually counted. It is estimated that over 6 million Russian soldiers were killed in WWI
If you know anyone who has ever served in the military call them and let them know that it was not out of stride! Thanks for reading.